Combat Details (Sigrun)
- Longsword and Heater Shield (not mounted): Initiative + 5, Attack + 11 (minimum roll of 3), Defense + 11 (17), Damage + 11 (+ 17 if Blade of Virulent Flame)
- Longsword and Heater Shield (mounted): Initiative + 5, Attack + 14 (minimum roll of 3), Defense + 14 (20), Damage + 11 (+ 17 if Blade of Virulent Flame)
Longsword attacks roll a minimum of 3 on the dice, before bonuses, can invoke the Heavy Strike and Subduing Strike mastery capabilities (described below), and can be combined with a casting of “Touch Attack” mastered spells (Bite of Ice, Cleave the Wizard’s Shield, or Touch of the Demon’s Oblivion). In case of a botch check, Longsword attacks roll 3 fewer botch dice.
- Lance and Heater Shield (mounted): Initiative + 5, Attack + 11, Defense + 12 (18), Damage + 10
- Lance (not mounted, as Long Spear): Initiative + 6, Attack + 8, Defense + 6 (12), Damage + 12
- Longbow: Initiative + 1, Attack, + 10, Defense N/A, Damage + 8
- Warhammer: Initiative + 3, Attack + 10, Defense + 4, Damage + 17
- Unarmed (gauntlet): Initiative + 3, Attack + 6, Defense + 6 (12), Damage + 7
- Unarmed (bare fist): Initiative + 3, Attack + 6, Defense + 6 (12), Damage + 5
- Unarmed (kick): Initiative + 2, Attack + 6, Defense + 5 (11), Damage + 8
Melee Defense = listed with weapon statistics. Ranged Defense = 12 (18) with Sword & Shield, 9 (15) with Lance & Shield, 9 (15) with just Sword or Shield, and 7 (13) for all other weapons.
COMMON COMBAT MODIFIERS
Melee Attack Total Modifiers:
- Attacker is prone ( – 1)
- Attacker has high ground ( + 1)
- Defender is prone ( + 1)
Missile Attack Total Modifiers:
- Shooter is in melee ( – 1 per assailant, up to – 3)
- Shooter moved this (or the prior) round ( – 2)
- Target is running ( – 1)
- Target is in melee ( – 1 per assailant, up to – 3)
- Target is prone ( – 1)
- Target is at least half covered or concealed ( – 2)
Heavy Strike: By putting her whole body into the swing, the warrior can make devastating strikes at the cost of precision. Before rolling to attack, the weapon user can decide to subtract 3 from her Attack Total and add 5 to her Damage Total. If using a two-handed weapon, the user can instead elect to subtract 6 from her Attack Total and add 10 to her Damage total. This capability can only be applied to heavy weapons, those that require a Strength rating of 0 or higher.
Subduing Strike: The warrior no longer suffers the – 3 penalty for scuffling with this weapon. She can elect to not inflict the resulting wound levels from the Scuffle Effects chart, inflicting just the listed Fatigue levels.